What is the Mission?
Holy Martyrs Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) is a chartered member of the Archdiocesan Youth Ministry Program. As such, athletic programs sponsored by Holy Martyrs CYO shall at all times reflect the CYO mission statement of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Who is Eligible?
The following is the Archdiocesan policy from the CYO Catholic Youth Organization Archdiocese of Philadelphia Athletic Ministry Handbook:
Grade School Scholastic Regulations:
- A student-athlete who attends a parish’s school is eligible to participate on that parish’s CYO team.
- A student-athlete who attends a separate parish’s school from his/her registered parish may, in certain circumstances, participate with either parish’s CYO. The pastor of the student-athlete’s parish in which a student-athlete is registered along with CYO Athletic Department will provide the appropriate direction. NOTE: At no time may a student-athlete participate for the same sport at 2 different CYO entities.
Non Parish-School Students
- A student-athlete who is a registered member of the parish and attends a school (public, private or Catholic which is not part of CYO) other than their parish’s school or is home-schooled is eligible to participate for their registered parish’s team.
What Are Coach Requirements?
What Sports are Played?
We currently offer the following sports to our parish's student-athletes:
Fall (registration in August)
- Football (boys, grades 4-8)
- Cross Country (boys & girls, grades 4-8)
- Volleyball (girls, grades 5-8)
Winter (registration in October)
- Basketball (boys & girls, grades 4-12)
Spring (registration in February)
- Track & Field (boys & girls, grades K-3 and 4-8)
- Baseball (boys, grades 5-8)
- Softball (girls, grades 4-8)
- Volleyball (coed, grades 9-12)
What is the Refund Policy?
Refunds, if provided, must be handled by Holy Martyrs CYO directly (they are not handled through SI Play).
- If we do not have enough players to field your son or daughters team AND we cannot find a nearby CYO team for them to play on, a full refund is given.
- If a player drops prior to the registration deadline, a full refund is given.
- If a player drops after the registration deadline but before the first game is played, a full refund less a $10 processing fee will be given.
- If a player drops on/after the first game has been played, no refund will be given.
In all cases, no refund will be given until all equipment has been returned. Any check used to pay for registration that is returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF) will result in the cancellation of current registration and will be assessed a $20 returned check service fee. Holy Martyrs CYO retains the right to revise this policy depending on a family's circumstances.